www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

Introduce your selves

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
amaddocks

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:39 am

'bout time I logged on to this section. I'm Andrew, live in Cowbridge. Did the 2 day lesson with Marc and Sarah couple of months back - excellent experience, would recommend to anyone starting out - so still new to this. Got my kit (9m Kahoona) from Blast too as they know what they're talking about! Use either Rest or Aberavon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Timmy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:18 am

Greetings! Not sure who I actually know on here but kite around South Wales a lot and am a regular at Aberavon; so know a few peoples from there. Live in Bristol but usually go home to Wales for the weekend and crash with my folks near Abergavenny. Also manage the odd evening sesh at Brean / Burnham. Trips down North Coast Devon are always on the cards.

Been on the water for about a year now. Needed a UK based substitute for snowboarding, kitesurfing filled the frustrating void of not sliding sideways on a plank of wood & flying through the air on a regular basis.

...that's enough waffle from me.

.....mmm, waffles.

Timmy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noiseboy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:50 am

I just thought I would pop in and say hi, I had 3 days of lessons with Tom at Aberavon last week, what a brilliant time I had and cant wait to get back out on the water and keep working on those board starts and maybe one day I will actually be able to get up and going properly.

Just want to add a big thanks to Tom who was extremely patient and full of encouragement.

Hope to see you all on the beach soon.

Cheers Noiseboy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maui

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:32 am

Welcome to the forum Tom and the forum, glad to hear you enjoyed your lessons, Tom B did us proud while we were away so a big thank u from us u did an awsome job of keeping Blast running. Keep your eyes on the forum Noiseboy, of where we're heading when it's windy and we'll get u back on the water and doing runs in no time. The more time u spend on the water practising the quicker you will b up and riding. We always offer our students on going help and support, it's great to see so many down the beach with us after they've completed lessons with us, so don't hesitate to give us a shout. Hopefully catch u down the beach soon :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noiseboy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:29 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, I will be at the beach as much as work allows, cant wait to get back in the water.

I hope that you and Marc ha a fantasic break

Cheers Tom
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Butler

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:01 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Tom you will be up in no time! and sarah it was a pleasure, im actually starting to remember my students names now!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PaulB

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Hello, finally I have got around to posting on here. Had a fantastic lesson with Marc down at Aberavon a few weeks ago and have been hooked ever since. Not had the right conditions to head out but spending so much time scouring the forums for info and ebay for some more kit.

I am now tooled up and the proud owner of a 10m kite. Can't wait until the wind and my days off start to coincide. So far have been frustrated by too much wind, tried to head out last weekend in a wind lull and almost got myself into trouble. Glad at how helpful and supportive the Kiting community seems to be.

I am based in Bristol so will mostly be heading to South Wales but keen to head down to Weston-Super-Mud and hoping to explore the south coast to.

Looking forward to seeing everyone down on the beaches soon and thanks again to Blast

Paul
Back to top Go down
View user profile
windy wendy

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi im windy wendy, windy in many ways as you will find out if you ever meet me Embarassed iv just got into kite surfing and i am really enjoying myself, you will now when im coming i screem alot lol and im always Very Happy smiling. i normally hang around Alun Jenkins, come over say hi i will talk to anyone, but i have to worn you im a bit direct with the questions and answers, so please dont take me the wrong way.
Safe kite surfing
Wendy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:32 pm

windy wendy wrote:
Hi im windy wendy, windy in many ways as you will find out if you ever meet me Embarassed iv just got into kite surfing and i am really enjoying myself, you will now when im coming i screem alot lol and im always Very Happy smiling. i normally hang around Alun Jenkins, come over say hi i will talk to anyone, but i have to worn you im a bit direct with the questions and answers, so please dont take me the wrong way.
Safe kite surfing
Wendy

I especially like the bit "I hang around Alun", I think you missed the "with" Wink

See you on the weekend Windy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
yewtreedave

PostSubject: newbie calling...   Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:48 pm

hello hello,
I'm dave and i've just discovered the forum (thanks marc).... I've surfed a lot and kited a litttttle bit, really really keen to make this the year of the kite... so often I'm surfing in onshore slop round here and think 'I really should be kiting" (especially if you look down the beach and see kiters living the dream in the waves) but I don't feel confident enough to go out on my own (plus I always seem to take out the wrong kite then have to pack it up and start again and it seems that that's the point that the wind always drops.....)

Anyway I don't know if anyone will read this cos I think this bit of the forum may be long forgotten, but I thought I'd say hello and hope to meet people on the beach and get in the water soon...

dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:32 pm

Hey Dave

Great to see you on here, like I said earlier anytime your free and around Porthcawl let me know and can meet up for a chat

We'll make sure your up and running in no time.....ready for the new season!
Back to top Go down
yewtreedave

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Great thanks, I'm on sprog & dog duty tomorrow so if youre around would be keen to meet up and chat. Might walk them both along newton (though the grommet may freeze her little ears off.. But she's used to it) might give you a text if you're free maybe for a chat after? If not, no worries. Thanks a lot, btw, really appreciate it. Glad you pointed me in the direction of the forum - a lot of great stuff on here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SacredAdventure

PostSubject: Hello    Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi Blast, Hi everyone.

Got tipped off about this site by family who spent last weekend down porthcawl learning to kitesurf (although I think the conditions were not playing ball) with Blast.

Got to say I spend a lot of time down Porthcawl way, I'm drawn to Restbay winter and summer.

Spent lots of time powerkiting and kiteboarding couple of years ago but think I may need to revist it soon. Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet up with Blast and others off here.

Cheers

Justin

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sacredadventure.co.uk
blast

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Hi Justin, welcome to the forum fella
I thought we had good conditions last w/end lol
Back to top Go down
Roadrace

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:05 pm

Hi all

Another newbie, another introduction.

A couple of years ago, I took a 4 day kitesurfing course in Weymouth. Not long after, I had to have an operation on my stomach, so that put paid to that for a few months. Long story short, I now have the time and means to pick up where I left off.

I'm originally from South Wales, but now live in Worcester. I still manage to get back to visit family and friends at least once a month, and have recently bought myself a kite, board, harness etc...

I'm raring to go, but since no-one else I know kitesurfs, it makes progression (especially launching!) a non starter.

Since it's been a couple of years since I was last on a board, I think it makes sense for me to book some refresher lessons with Marc.
Anyhow, hope to catch you all soon.

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sporty

Location : Job interviewer: “What’s your greatest weakness?” “Honesty.” “I don’t think honesty is a weakness.” “I don’t give a shit what you think.”

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:10 pm

Steve, keep an eye on the sessions page and you'll never be short of someone to kite with and to help launch/land. Only you know if you need refresher lessons or not, but Marc/Sarah will no doubt sort you out and have you back on your board asap if you feel you do need them. Catch you at the beach soon mate.

Sporty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum!
Just let us know when your down next and we can meet up for a chat and help out if needed or maybe pm me if you need more info

Also as Sporty has mentioned we are blessed with a great croud of helpful kiters who will always be willing to help out

Marc
Back to top Go down
Roadrace

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks for the welcome!

I think I'll book in a half day tuition for next week. Then there will be no stopping me!!

Steve
Back to top Go down
View user profile
peterhereford

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi Steve, in your area Hereford has a good kite following, and a few from guys Worcester I know of also travel down to Wales, weekend just gone few vans/cars made the trip down to Pembrey, just keep folowing the forum!

Peter
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyn

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi to all kite surfers.
just finished to days training with Marc and now I am an expert at being dragged around the beach face down in the water and out of control. but it was fun, in a sick kinder way. and i got to see the best of welsh weather, all in one day.
Anyway I will be back as soon as possible looking forward to practicing and and meeting great people.

Tony
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RosieC

PostSubject: Hey Everyone!!    Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Hey Everyone,

I have just joined Blast Kite boarding as of tonight. I am really keen to get involved with weekend or weekday kite trips if possible.

I have just got back from Morocco where I have been teaching surfing and wake boarding. I learnt to kite whilst I was out there and although it was super gutsy (30- 40+knots) I managed to get out quite a few times. I can ride up wind and jump and I would love to learn more tricks and ride toe side. I am an enthusiastic learner and will always push myself, I just don't have the confidence with going out on my own as Morocco is the only place i have kited.

Hope to get to know you all soon.

Rosie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:43 pm

Hey Rosie, welcome to the forum and this amazing sport!!

Keep an eye on the forum and hopefully we will meet up soon enough, you'll find all the people on here super friendly and keen to help out when they can.

There are a few people from up your way so it may even be possible to meet up with others to share lifts also.

Was it in Essourira that you learnt? It is very gusty there, especially the town end of the beach!
The winds here are generally much steadier and we also benefit from nice big sandy beaches too, sadly we don't have the water or air temps that Morocco have though!!

Marc
Back to top Go down
RosieC

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi Marc,

Thank you and I look forward to meeting you all.

Yes it was Essaouria and yes very very gusty and waves were HUGE in the winter. So hopefully I will find other places easier (fingers crossed).

Hope to see you all soon for a good session.

Rosie
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AndyC

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:06 am

Hi All,

I've booked myself on the Portugal 2nd week so best say Hi. I live in the Midlands and have been kiting for ~15 years but only Kitesurfing the last 18 months. I learnt on the Gower and plan to get down to Porthcawl soon - hopefully meet some more of you since the Frozen Jam.

I'm AndyC08 on Kitecrowd - have since found out there are other "AndyC's" - not to be confused! I should have been a bit more selective with the username!

Hope to see you all on the water soon.

Andy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
clarky

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Hi Andy C. More confusion from ANDY C. My name is ANDY CRAIG. But Im "clarky" on the forum, see you on the water soon with luck.

clarky
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gordo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi guys getting back into kiting after a 4+ year break. Was more of a landboarder back in the day with a bit of kitesurfing,going to flip it this time round and be mostly water.Looking forward to meeting some folk cheers gordon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cleber Araujo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi Folks, I'm Cleber I learned to kite in Brazil 2 years ago was there working and living in Cumbuco. I currenty live in Crawley West Sussex but always been keen in trying the Welsh kite spots. In the UK in have only kite in Lancing and last year I volunteer at the Virgin Kitesurfing Armada, I was one of the guys at the landing spot and in the end I also got to have a go at the course.
That's is really I hope to meet some of you on the Portugal trip.
Cheers,
Cleber.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OzDzynes

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:12 pm

Hello, I'm Charlotte, based in Abergavenny area, passionate snowboarder, absolutely love surfing & wakeboarding but find wakeboarding too pricey so am keen to start kite surfing and hopefully buy my own kit (I know I will love it)

It's nice to read all the replies to this post, empathising with many haha

I surf in Porthcawl mainly & do summer trips in my dub to Devon & Cornwall. So keen to start kitesurfing! Will have a look at booking a lesson soon Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your selves   

Back to top Go down

Introduce your selves
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2