www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
We sell direct so save you money!....Epic, Blankforce, Dynabar, Kite Refit.
We live and run our school/shop in Porthcawl, mid way between Cardiff and the Gower!
Please support us and we will be here to support you!
We supply Kites by EPIC - AIRUSH - OZONE - MUTINY
We supply boards by Blankforce, Airush, Epic, Brunotti, Axis, Juice, Circle One
We organise regular trips to kiting mecca's like Portugal, Morocco, Cape Verde, Hatteras USA and Brazil, why not come join us on our next trip!
Next time your after a wetsuit/harness/helmet/DVD/kite/board please ask us as we will try to match any price you have seen nationally!
We carry a huge selection of Mystic products..Harness's, Impact Vests, Wetsuits, Boots, Gloves, Bags etc
Share | 

Kite surfing in Egypt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
simon

PostSubject: Kite surfing in Egypt   Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 am

Hi all,
am planning a trip to Egypt in early December, possibly Safaga. Just wondering if anyone has been there and has any recomendations, do's and don'ts etc. So far I have found 3 kite schools in Safaga. I am flying to Hurghada so I need to be on that side of the red sea. El Gouna doesn't look especially apealing but Safaga looks relatively unspoilt, ie not miles of high rise hotels.

Simon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maui

PostSubject: Re: Kite surfing in Egypt   Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:35 pm

The wind isn't reliable in Egypt at that time of year I'm afraid. Their season generally ends in approx September. Hope u get some windy days
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amr

PostSubject: Re: Kite surfing in Egypt   Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 pm

Hi Simon,

I am Egyptian farao and should be in the amazing red sea by the same time as you. I'll be going to Dahab which is a very nice unspoilt chilled place just one hour drive away from sharm el sheik airport. Safaga is windy but it's not the best season for it or all Egypt (except Marsa Alam).

If you can change your destination you should consider going to marsa alam, really unspoilt, the best place kiting at that time and the most amazing diving in the red sea. Marsa alam is around 4 hours drive from hurgada and there is an international airport there as well. Dahab is also another place that you should consider it's windy, chilled, amazing diving (or just snorkling) and it's very close to sharm el sheik which is buzzy and definatly worth a visit. Not saying that safaga is bad but I am more of a fan of the other side of Sinai.

Let me know if you want to ask about something specfic, I lived in Sinai for 9 years and it is amazing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
simon

PostSubject: Re: Kite surfing in Egypt   Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:42 am

Thanks Amr and Maui,
I know its not peak season for wind. I was told there's a 60% chance. For me any other time of year would be too hot. If there's not enough then I'll settle for some snorkling or maybe diving. I went to Dahab about 30 years ago when it was part of Israel. Got 'asked' to leave by the Israeli police because I'd been there 5 weeks. Its probably changed a bit now. There was absolutly nothing there then. Thought I'd try the other side as I'd like to visit Luxor and Karnak. Will let you know how windy it is when I get back.
Simon
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kite surfing in Egypt

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1