www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

When and what are the regular holidays/events?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alx

PostSubject: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:26 am

Hi all, the idea of going on a holiday where kites are the main focus (along with good food?) sounds brilliant. But they can't be cheap or easy to plan, so plenty of advanced notice can only help.

What are the regular holidays and events? (Maybe a list could become a sticky topic..)

I think there's:
Winter Jam
Summer Jam
Hatteras, USA
Portugal
Brazil

Are there any others?
When do you norrmally go to these places and on what basis, is it like a villa is hired for two weeks and there's a turnover weekend when some people leave and others arrive? How many places are available?

Ta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:08 am

Blimey that's a lot of questions  Wink
Most if not all of the information can be found on here or on our website...

http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=9

BUT please note these trips/events/dates are not set in stone as it depends on many things inc. what dates Maui can get free as after all it's her who does the vast majority of the massive amount of work needed for these trips.

We normally set the dates for the following year around Xmas time but there is a little uncertainty for 2015 as Sarah has just started her Masters so it may be just me doing some of the trips and also we are constantly looking for alternative locations.

So...rough plan each year is
Feb = Frozen Jam
May = Hatteras
June/July = Portugal
Aug = Summer Jam
November = Brazil

But as mentioned above we post the planned trips up here with plenty of advanced notice eg the Brazil trip we are about to go on was always planned for the same period as previous years i.e. last two weeks of November and we started the official thread about the trip back last April and Portugal was started early January
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
blast

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:12 am

It is possible we will also add a trip or two to the above as we'd love to visit some other spots such as Cape Verde again.

Also we head off to North Wales at least a few times during the year, maybe we could make that a Blast group trip?
Back to top Go down
tonyn

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 am

that north wales trip sounds inviting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:15 am

Yup can't believe more people haven't joined us when we have gone up. It's a long drive can be well worth it.
Besides if the winds look iffy it's easy to cancel or alternatively go anyway and do other stuff there.
Back to top Go down
Alx

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am

blast wrote:
Blimey that's a lot of questions  Wink

Yeah, sorry, I'm an analyst at work so it's my job to ask questions. Sometimes it's hard to break the habit.. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyn

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:17 pm

I didn't know the trip was open to anyone.,,,

I thought it was a private thing. scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:03 pm

nah we just head up especially if no wind here and wind up north
Back to top Go down
tonyn

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:46 pm

I'm up for a bit of that then...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alx

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Is it possible to put a rough price on any of these?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyn

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:44 pm

If you look at the prices for the holidays over the past few years, you will see that they are around the following prices. However these price may change slightly due to flight cost, carriage of equipment and the dreaded inflation.

Feb = Frozen Jam FREE
May = Hatteras £1000 - £1200
June/July = Portugal £700 - £900
Aug = Summer Jam FREE
November = Brazil £1900 - £2100

Please don't take these price as gospel. i don't organise the holidays, I just enjoy them.
These are rough rough prices..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tonyn

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:44 pm

P.S these are two week holidays
Back to top Go down
View user profile
maui

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:45 am

Thanks Tony, all the prices are on our website, but also you haven't put which ones are all inclusive, ie. Which one includes all food & drink etc and which ones don't. Each year the prices go up slightly as you'd expect them to and it depends on if we have the same accommodation.
Brazil is is more like £2000 - £2500 ALL inclusive, but it also depends on what each individual decides to eat & drink.  

Portugal is pretty much all inclusive so it just depends if your a big drinker/spender or not.

PLEASE NOTE WE HAVEN'T EVEN DECIDED IF WE'RE DOING THESE SAME LOCATIONS NEXT YEAR AS EACH YEAR WE LOOK AT NEW CHOICES ALSO

It just happens the past two years we have done the same trips but we don't wish to get completely stuck in a ruck.

http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewCat&catId=9
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When and what are the regular holidays/events?   

Back to top Go down

When and what are the regular holidays/events?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1