www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
blast

PostSubject: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:37 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:28 am

heh, true, from one of the remarks

abercanaid | June 11 2014, 2:13PM
Swansea capital city of roadworks and Traffic Lights

Back to top Go down
View user profile
alunj

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:06 am

Time to cancel the gym membership ! Its taken 40 mins to go from baglan to LC2 the last few weeks.
Generally when going to Ox I go via north Gower (and that's crap over the summer too)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.yllain.com
blast

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:37 pm

I still don't get why the club had their meeting on Swansea Bay unless they didn't want many to go lol
I really hate the drive to Oxwich and this is just going to make it way way worse from now on.
Back to top Go down
JamesVegas

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:28 pm

It was because it was considered equidistant between the west and the east of Wales, you forgot anyway Marc so it wouldn't have made any difference where it was  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swwksc.com
blast

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:50 am

Very true, too busy kiting at Rest Bay  sunny 
Equidistant from west to East but not members..very few live east of Port Talbot...then again no one showed up so it made no difference either way.
Back to top Go down
JamesVegas

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:29 am

Well it does show a general apathy towards the club, it makes me wonder why people pay to join the club or twhy the committee give up their time for free sometimes.
Back to top Go down
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:38 am

People join a club because they want the feeling they will get support \ the club will help step in if access rights \ communication are needed?

Maybe the apathy was it was windy or it's too far for a meeting?   confused 

If the committee feel sore for giving up their time for the club, then maybe they are not the right people for the position?   scratch 

We don't go to our club GM because it's over an hour away and we think, nah, CBA with that. But I am still happy to fund the club, because one day, I might need their help \ assistance  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamesVegas

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 am

Are you a member of the club Sonnyrider?
Back to top Go down
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:45 am

JamesVegas wrote:
Are you a member of the club Sonnyrider?

No, because you can not join two clubs via BKSA.

This has been discussed before, but nothing new has come up to allow people to do this  Rolling Eyes

If I were a member, I wouldn't have come to the meeting, way, way too far. Unless I was passing from a session, but even then it would've been a meh, CBA wanna get home for food etc. etc.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamesVegas

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:05 am

Please forgive me Sonny, I tend to instantly forget a lot of what I read from you as a lot of it seems to be with the intent of trolling me (is that the right term?).

I would suggest that if you want to join multiple clubs then get in touch with the BKA to see what they say, maybe they could change their procedure when you come to renew your membership with them. When I want something changing though I find it more effective to take action myself than expect others to do it on my behalf and complain when nothing happens.

As I'm sure you're aware we do need to give a fair amount of notice for the AGM so it's impossible to ensure that it will be a non windy day. We did schedule it so that if it was windy there would be plenty of time to kite and go to the AGM after. If you can come up with a better idea then please let me know or if you've got a way of predicting wind months in advance then please could you share it with us all.

I don't believe I ever said that I felt "sore" for giving up my time for free did I? (I'm sure the other committee members don't either). I am involved in the club because it's important to have a BKA club in the area, but it's only human to wonder "what am I doing this for?" if you're getting poor turnouts to AGM's and events. We will keep it going though and fulfilling the criteria set out by the BKA so that if there is an issue with access/communication etc we will all benefit from the backing of the BKA.

Here is my personal number (07966 231293) if you want to chat about anything club related because I'm not going to get drawn into another pointless internet 'debate' with you just so you can have  the satisfaction of thinking you are winding me up. I would also suggest that if you want to gain a little credibility then get off your arse and take some time out of your no doubt busy social life and get involved with the club you "fund".
Back to top Go down
andrewfffff

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:12 am

think the club should invest in a phone or use an online group text message or bulk email the day before the meeting as I knew about it from this forum only and saw the date but forgot about
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:40 am

JamesVegas wrote:
Please forgive me Sonny, I tend to instantly forget a lot of what I read from you as a lot of it seems to be with the intent of trolling me (is that the right term?).
Really?   Laughing  Rolling Eyes  Sleep 

JamesVegas wrote:
I would suggest that if you want to join multiple clubs then get in touch with the BKA to see what they say, maybe they could change their procedure when you come to renew your membership with them. When I want something changing though I find it more effective to take action myself than expect others to do it on my behalf and complain when nothing happens.
Nope, I have no desire to join multiply clubs. But I did enquire several years ago if it were possible to join another club because we KS over there in Wales, so thought we would, if possible, contribute to the running of the club, because it would \ could be for the greater good.
Most people are just happy with paying for one, because it is cheaper\ easier. I've not bothered to push to join the stupidly long club name you have  clown Sure I could ask the BKSA if they would allow two users to join two clubs. But TBPH, I really CBA, because, well, just because . . .  silent 
But I am certainly not complaining about it. It is only an observation
I'm sure eventually there will not be local clubs, it will all be covered under the kiting body BKSA\whoever, so no need to have multiple clubs.

JamesVegas wrote:
As I'm sure you're aware we do need to give a fair amount of notice for the AGM so it's impossible to ensure that it will be a non windy day. We did schedule it so that if it was windy there would be plenty of time to kite and go to the AGM after. If you can come up with a better idea then please let me know or if you've got a way of predicting wind months in advance then please could you share it with us all.

I know you have to give notice for booking of rooms etc.  Rolling Eyes If I had the answer about wind etc. I would happily give it to you, for a fee  king 
But as I pointed out, my club is an hour away I do not go to their meetings, even if it's not windy. I have no desire to even consider a meeting close to two hours away. It is not complaining, it is pointing out the fact I do not wish to partake in these meetings because I have nothing to input. When I do, I will.
Being a member of the BKSA means I can attend those meetings too, but seriously, why would I if I have nothing to contribute?

Just because people do not attend, does not mean all doom & gloom, it means they have nothing to input  and or better things to do with their spare time  Basketball 

JamesVegas wrote:
I don't believe I ever said that I felt "sore" for giving up my time for free did I? (I'm sure the other committee members don't either). I am involved in the club because it's important to have a BKA club in the area, but it's only human to wonder "what am I doing this for?" if you're getting poor turnouts to AGM's and events. We will keep it going though and fulfilling the criteria set out by the BKA so that if there is an issue with access/communication etc we will all benefit from the backing of the BKA.

I point you to your previous remark :-
JamesVegas wrote:
Well it does show a general apathy towards the club, it makes me wonder why people pay to join the club or twhy the committee give up their time for free sometimes.
Inferring that maybe, you as a committee member put all this time and effort in, you're not getting anything back?
I honestly thought the jumping thing you did last year @ Pembrey as a club a really good thing. Seriously  Smile 
But I can't see the club doing much else. But I do not say anything about it, because it's not my club, so my voice should not be heard
Now waiting for you to do your usual arsey correction of my description, in your usual I'm holier than tho' attitude  Razz 

JamesVegas wrote:
Here is my personal number (07966 231293) if you want to chat about anything club related because I'm not going to get drawn into another pointless internet 'debate' with you just so you can have  the satisfaction of thinking you are winding me up. I would also suggest that if you want to gain a little credibility then get off your arse and take some time out of your no doubt busy social life and get involved with the club you "fund".
Nah, I like sitting on my arse trolling people  Rolling Eyes  cheers 
There is no satisfaction with any conversations with you James, I can assure you   scratch

It's taken me so long to reply Andrew has posted and made a very valid point. Something all clubs are guilty of. Remind your members via email or txt because they will have more likely have forgotten
Something else to take your time up with  jocolor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:44 am

Heh, the joys of internet forums and a thread starts off about Swansea road works being shit and the effect it will have on us all, to James getting all defensive due to my comments, which were not aimed specifically at any one in particular

Just my thoughts at that moment in time

Ah . . . that's it isn't it?

I must not have any thoughts or I get shot down by Mr Holier than tho'  farao 

lol! 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulie_amoose

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:30 pm

Jeeze.. Alot of sexual tension between you two..  Very Happy 

Anyway since we are miles off topic maybe it's time to discuss Hadlow's new sponsor?  Wink 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamesVegas

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:10 am

Hey Andrew. We will try to contact members via text in future if we can. We did advertise the AGM in a few different places including here but it's difficult to know how many members are actually getting the information.

Details of the AGM will be out shortly, we've got plans for a couple of exciting events this year so keep your eyes peeled……..
Back to top Go down
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:02 am

paulie_amoose wrote:
Jeeze..  Alot of sexual tension between you two..   Very Happy 
You've had your lions share  cat 

paulie_amoose wrote:

Anyway since we are miles off topic maybe it's time to discuss Hadlow's new sponsor?  Wink 

Ah, yes, as always a good idea to go off track, makes it more interesting. Liked your post on kiteboarder   clown 

Back to top Go down
View user profile
andrewfffff

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:44 am

something I find useful is a whatsapp could do a club group on there would keep it free and most people have there phone in there hand everyday, just another one for the club suggestion box if you need any more signage or banners for club events let me know will do cost price  cheers 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
swg

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:53 pm

by andrewfffff on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:12 pm
think the club should invest in a phone or use an online group text message or bulk email the day before the meeting as I knew about it from this forum only and saw the date but forgot about

Andrew - The club has its own website www.swwksc.com all our events have been published well in advance. Your idea has been tried many times in the past and the outcome is always the same. Those who want to make a difference turn up and get involved. Enough said!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse   

Back to top Go down

Swansea/Oxwich just gets worse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1