www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sporty

Location : Job interviewer: “What’s your greatest weakness?” “Honesty.” “I don’t think honesty is a weakness.” “I don’t give a shit what you think.”

PostSubject: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:13 am

The SWWKSC are pleased to announce that we will be organising a coaching clinic with 4 times British Freestyle Champion, Lewis Crathern.  This is a fantastic opportunity for us to receive coaching from one of the best riders in the country.

The clinic is planned for the 19th October but as this is obviously a wind dependent event, we would ask that members are also available for the following weekend.  Initially, there will be 10 places available.  The event will be split into two sessions, morning and afternoon, with 5 students in each session.  The sessions will last for 2 and a half hours so there will be plenty of time for Lewis to critique each student.  A decision will be made on the Thursday prior to the event as to the suitability of the conditions and the location (either Porthcawl, Aberavon or Swansea Bay). Riders must be able to ride upwind and safely navigate amongst other kiters.

If you are interested in attending please reply to Sporty (sec.swwksc@gmail.com) by Monday 9th of September. A deposit of £25 per person is required and the club will be contributing the remaining £20. In the event that there are more members than places, names will be drawn at random.  Any unsuccessful members will be placed on a list for the next clinic. We will ensure that all members are given the opportunity to attend a clinic. We are also considering a wave clinic if there is enough interest.

Good winds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:56 am

Just to let you know Sporty this is the same weekend that 80-100 students will be down for the SKA Beginners Weekend at Aberavon Shocked 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
Sporty

Location : Job interviewer: “What’s your greatest weakness?” “Honesty.” “I don’t think honesty is a weakness.” “I don’t give a shit what you think.”

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:42 am

Yeah, we just saw that! Doh!.  Anyhow, we should be OK, fortunately the tide times are favourable at Rest on that day.  As Rest and Aber are usable in very similar wind directions, if it's suitable for Aber, then hopefully Rest should be OK too, so we'll use that beach.  If not, Aber is massive and there will only be 5 of us on the water at any one time, so hopefully we can work it out.  (You'll just have to take your students next to the steel works outlet. Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am

The SKA will be all land based so should be OK but did want to let you know....could be a great weekend! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
splash

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:59 pm

What an opportunity!! Will have to see if I can book the weekends off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JamesVegas

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

There will be others if you can't make this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.swwksc.com
splash

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:30 pm

Nice one...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sporty

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:34 pm

Guys,

Just a quick update for you. James has spoken to Lewis and have decided to make a decision tomorrow lunchtime, but early signs are that Sunday 20th Oct at Rest Bay may offer the best chance of a successful day. I will email you again as soon as I have more news for you.

Looking forward to it now!

Sporty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sporty

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi All,

Some more details of the event on Sunday at Pembrey.

We are meeting at the carpark on the attached photo at 10:30hrs on Sunday 20th October.  It will be a long day, so please ensure you bring enough food and drinks to sustain you through the day.  There will be a short session in the morning, followed by a lunchbreak, and the a longer afternoon session.  Expect the weather to be changeable, but I guess we're all used to that by now.  Lewis will be bringing a selection of 'Best' kites if you'd like to try one out, but you may prefer to be on your own kit as this will be what you are most familiar with.  

A local photographer has been arranged, so some action shots should be available.

I think we are all familiar with Pembrey, but in case you are not, the postcode to put into your satnav is SA16 0EJ.  Please make a note just in case.

Any questions, please let me know.

Please remember to bring your contribution of £25 for the day.

I'm sure it will be a great day, look forward to seeing you all there.

Sporty
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity   

Back to top Go down

SWWKSC Members - Lewis Crathern Clinic Opportunity
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1