www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kobe1981

PostSubject: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sat May 11, 2013 9:51 pm

I've only been out twice this year, 6 months from my last session so I have to be honest, I'm a little out of practice... But!!!.
Today 11.05.2013 I did a school boy error and tried to launch my kite downwind of the wind window lol.
The funny thing is, I was more concerned with untangling my new gopro line mount from my back lines than the fella who was trying to launch my kite, and didn't realise I was walking up wind without knowing I was trying to launch my kite downwind through the power zone.(big whoa?)

For me this isn't a major issue as I've launched my kite through the power zone in the past when I was a traction kiting and landboarding, (something you learn to anticipate and foresee with experience) but I've learnt to properly launch with the aid of another kiter since I started kitesurfing except I bypassed this, on this particular day!

Anyway I just find it funny and class it as a school-boy error as someone got totally freaked out today thinking this is how I alway launch!!

But I would like to hear your 'school boy errors or girl errors' :p as I think it'll be quite entertaining to share your experience.

No one is perfect - as a classic example; I've seen people fly kites into other people, almost knocking them out and then telling them to help them relaunch them?Crazy? and people flying their kite through someone's line, and blaming them for being there in the first place lol!

But lets not get serious with this post, this is suppose to be fun and games! I can admit my mistake, can you :p?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ade

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sun May 12, 2013 5:10 am

Early days of Kitesurf is when errors pop up ..... Not to kite when wind is closely coming over land is one ... Very gusty as my bro found out.... I launched him in Swansea bay that time ..... Learning to body drag ... 5 mins in the water seamed ok then BOOM ....bro ( superman) 20' up 100' long .... Nothing much scares my bro but I saw his eyes pop out of this head that day !!!!! I ran to help him ......all sorted back on the beach my bro turned to me and said ! wona
Go!!!..... FUCK THAT SHIT!!!!!!.. I said :-)...... So we don't kite cross off at Swansea any more!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://a.m.lynch@hotmail.co.uk
ade

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sun May 12, 2013 5:38 am

Ooooowww and another time ..... We where at oxwich and I launched me bro !!!! ........ Well you get the story!!!! :-) be safe I haven't had any school boy errors :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://a.m.lynch@hotmail.co.uk
SWWKSC

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sun May 12, 2013 6:24 am

Best one I've seen (and no it wasn't me). Two guys, Russian I think. One has the bar and one is launching the kite. The launcher puts the kite at the side of the window, the kiter waves him down the beach to take up the line slack, the launcher keeps going and going. The kiter doesn't see that the launcher has a different (but same) kite. The launcher ended up about 40 meters away before they worked it out. Needless to say I stayed away from him when he made it to the water.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
juls

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sun May 12, 2013 6:51 am

Them were the days bro
Depower didn't have that back then to lol

Juls
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kobe1981

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sun May 12, 2013 8:38 am

Good stuff lol
I've got another one.
Back in the day when flexifoil was used everywhere, my mate was getting ready to launch. The launcher picked up the kite and waited, but the kiter had some problems with his harness and waved to the launcher to drop the kite. My mate then proceeded to remove the chicken loop and leash, but the launcher who didn't see the command to drop the kite chucked It in the air thinking the kiter was ready!! Bye bye kite!! I've only seen two people chase after a runaway kite, my mate being one of them lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paulie_amoose

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sun May 12, 2013 3:13 pm

After 5 months off the water I did the same down wind of kite launch thing. I asked Reeny to launch me from that position and she thought I had gone completely mental!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Maro

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 pm

I had a friend land my 7m kite, it was low tide at the waters edge at pembrey, only she hadn't put enough sand on it, moments later and out of the blue the kite flipped up and danced towards the dunes with me chasing after it untill it finally rested on the last bit of wet sand and I jumped on it. That was the furthest I had ran in years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sporty

Location : Job interviewer: “What’s your greatest weakness?” “Honesty.” “I don’t think honesty is a weakness.” “I don’t give a shit what you think.”

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Mon May 13, 2013 5:01 pm

My 'school boy error' is forgetting I've hung up my wetsuit to dry in the conservatory. Always 'scare myself' when going to the kitchen late at night....lol

What a pansy! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kobe1981

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   Mon May 13, 2013 5:39 pm

Better than knowing your wetsuit is there rather than traveling for hours and finding out you've forgotten your wetsuit. Like what happened to someone I know lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P   

Back to top Go down

School-Boy Error. Let's hear it, who else makes these?"! :P
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1