www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
sav

PostSubject: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:07 pm

Well, if you want to learn to ride a directional board, you could do a lot worse than start with this board. Designed to work in on shore mush (what we get a lot of, round here!) and also as a light wind board, this board really can kill several birds........

It will have the effect of getting you out when your biggest kite would normally be too small, and boost your time on the water! It goes upwind like a train, even on light wind days. Do a Google search for reviews, I have never seen a bad one.......

It comes with footstraps and sky hooks, a full deck pad and a grab rail, so will see you from first time on a directional, to strapless, and on to strapless freestyle!

The sky hooks give you a stepping stone between strapped and strapless, like having straps but not have them getting in the way when you want to move your feet around. You can jump over waves on the way out and even do front and back loops, but still have almost all the freedom to move your feet around the deck that you normally only have when fully strapless. Using the front strap only is often advised as a transition to strapless but having the sky hook on the back will give you that little extra to help you along the way!

These are a couple of pictures of me using the sky hooks...... Very Happy

One of the fins was a little loose, so I have used a plastic shim to help keep it in. You can't see it and it will probably not make any difference until you want to take off or change the fins, I only mention it as I want to be as honest as possible about the condition of this board.

There are also several small, superficial, dings dotted around the board, but then it is 3 years old. It has always lived in a padded bag, but dings are a fact of life with any board.....

I am looking for around £200. I'm not in a hurry to sell as I already have a replacement. I will be more than happy to meet up at any of our lovely South Wales beaches, rather than pay for postage.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
sav

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:26 pm

Gone!!! Soon to be winging its way to Derby Very Happy

Sad or see it go, but love Kipunas!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:03 pm

That reminds me, who did I lend our Litewave DV8 too?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
sav

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:39 pm

Who do you use for shipping Marc?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
airwalk

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:22 pm

Really like the look and build of these boards, they look bomb proof. What are they like to ride compared to a regular board? love the full deck pad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sav

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:31 pm

I loved this board, great fun to ride and versatile too. Full deck pad makes strapless easy, and I found it pretty bombproof!

Three years of hard use and only a few little scuffs to show for it!

I have replaced it with an Underground Kipuna, which is very similar, but which I prefer, due to the softer ride due to its different construction (google it )

Unfortunately it is no longer made as Underground have folded, but, it lives on in the form of the Axis Newave, which Marc will have in stock as soon as they become available ;-)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm

Available to order now ;-)

http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=479

Also worth trying our demo Litewave DV8 as very very similar!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
airwalk

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Damn that is one sexy looking board. You know how to tempt a man. Do i resist a demo and risk having to buy one hmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'   

Back to top Go down

2009 Airush Choptop - Ideal first 'Surfboard'
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1