www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

Surfers at Rest Bay

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johanna

PostSubject: Surfers at Rest Bay   Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Simon and I went to Rest Bay this afternoon in the hopes that the wind would pick up a little. There was nobody there when we arrived, but over the course of the afternoon there were a couple more kites.

When we arrived around 1pm most of the surfers were in or near the designated flagged area as usual, but there were a couple of guys in what is normally the windsurfing and kite area way away from the other surfers. We thought as we were the only ones there we could move even further in the golf course direction to give them lots of space, but as we were walking out yet another surfer came and put themselves right in our path, and later on a kayak did the same thing. We ended up pretty much as far towards the end of the beach as it's possible to go, and we didn't have much space to get going.

I've seen the lifeguards move windsurfers and kites away from the surf area, but it doesn't seem to work in reverse. I'm only a beginner and the last thing I want to do is to careen into a surfer while I inadvertently jump or loop my kite.

Should I ask them to move? Should I speak to the lifeguards and ask them to help? What is the best thing to do in this situation?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Surfers at Rest Bay
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1