www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Abi

PostSubject: So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:39 am

I'm going for a week in November for a wedding, comtemplating taking my kit out but has anyone been here to kite surf or heard about Kitesurfing here? sorry if this makes you jealous in any kind of way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blast

PostSubject: Re: So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)   Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:22 am

Not jealous at all....it's sh*t there, water is too warm, stupid regular warm thermal winds and the sun is too bright! Shocked

Amazing spot...on our dream list of spots to visit. Big flat water area plus one of the best surf spots in the world...especially if your goofy stance (which I'm not)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)   Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:48 am

I've been twice

Awesome place

Where are you going? At a guess it'll be Le Morne

Both times I've been I stayed on the east coast, much nicer IMO

Last September http://www.kiteboarder.co.uk/kitesurfing/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48139
2009 http://forum.kitecrowd.com/showthread.php?t=174532

If you take your kit, get a golf bag. You get 20 odd kgs that way for free. Just don't rock up at check in wearing anything surfy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Abi

PostSubject: Re: So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)   Tue May 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Awesome, thanks for the links, Pictures look fantastic... looking forward to it Very Happy ,

Not sure where we are staying yet , it will be a resort somewhere! I'm not arranging it my friend is , all I need to do is turn up with the kit and hunt for the spots!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ianwind

PostSubject: Re: So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)   Tue May 08, 2012 4:45 pm

Just a little simple but essential thing to add, take some booties for the coral reefs, my experience from surfing south pacific/indian ocean etc. is that they can be worth their weight but difficult to buy when on a little Island
Enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonnyrider

PostSubject: Re: So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)   Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 pm

There's plenty of spots. Just google kite surf mauritus and there's a web site with all the spots listed.

Good point Ian, yes, get some reef shoes. My girlfriend got a spike in her big toe from an urchin, even wearing reef shoes. I never wore any and didn't get spiked(I was lucky).
If you're not going to wear any be careful and try not to put your feet down, not always possible I know.
None of the locals wore shoes

You'll see where the urchins are, it will be the dark spots you will see as your whizzing along.

November isn't the best time to get wind, but it's the best time to get a tan Cool

Enjoy it, it's a lovely place to visit with nice friendly locals Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)   

Back to top Go down

So has anyone Kite Surfed in Mauritius? ;-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1