www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
Community for Kitesports in South Wales.

Shop, Lessons, Community.

Register now to find out who,where,when,how of kiteboarding in South Wales!

Also check out www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk

South Wales Premier Kitesurf Community

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum
!!! WE HAVE MOVED !!!

VISIT OUR NEW FORUM:
www.blastkiteboarding.co.uk/forum

Share | 

dirtsurfer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The tom

PostSubject: dirtsurfer   Tue May 10, 2011 2:38 pm

We are starting to think about our big move to the beach and as such im toying with the idea of selling my only remaining dirtsufer. Its an original flexi deck that has been somewhat customised for kiting/kitewinging with. After breaking several hundred decks, I grafted a trampa deck onto it, and its an awesome ride that sucks up everything you can throw at it. The rear wheel is a trials rim, so 19" rear with a rediculously big tyre. Both wheels are disc hubs and all the brakes have been removed as they just slow you down on the beach! Its got the prototype straps for the 'deluxe' straps, unfortunately the production jobbies where no where near as good as these bad boys; these grip your boots better than F3's but are proper comfy to boot. Reckon ive prob got several lorry loads of bits in the attic that can go with it.

If anyone is interested, ill snap some piccies. Reckon with the deck its gotta be worth 150.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The tom

PostSubject: Re: dirtsurfer   Sun May 15, 2011 11:39 am

Right, Piccies. As before, well used ds flexideck. Brakes have been removed but both hubs are disc hubs and ill include 12 new stainless bolts for the rotors if you swing that way. The front brake has rediculous stopping power but are not standard because they are very easy to kill yourself with!! There is a rough home made bracket on the swingarm that works but theres no caliper. Spares, ive found a standard ds deck (maple and fibreglass composite), a brake lever, a brake and disc, a front (non disc) wheel with no bearings or axle, a pair of ds gloves knee pads and a virtually new pair of ds elbow/arm pads. Also about 5 various inner tubes.

If youve never ridden a ds before, dont be scared, the faster you go the more stable they get and they never ever speed wobble!! You will get 'slow wobble' to start with but thatll soon go. With a bit of practise, you can skate them like a skate board and easily hold 15mph on the flat. I used to do 50+ downhill on the road everday on my way home from uni and Ive done 49mph on this board at llangennith behind a kite, I reckon if you wait long enough for the perfect direction and perfect sand, 50 is possible....although not on the big back tyre, thats just there for jumping!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile

dirtsurfer
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1